1. Our Details
This document may be changed from time to time so please check back to this policy to ensure you are happy with any changes made. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Our pet shop licence number is 0988. Our registered office address is 2 High Street, Ferrybridge, Knottingley, Wakefield, WF11 8NQ.
If you have any questions regarding how we use your information or you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your information (as set out in paragraph 9 below), please contact us at [email protected] or on 01977 678016.
2. What information do we collect and when?
We only collect information that we will use for the purposes set out in this notice.
Specifically, we collect:
Information you submit to us:
- Through forms, for example such as by filling in our ‘Get in Touch’ form on our website;
- By purchasing items through our website;
- By sending us emails;
- By adding posts, reviews and other comments to our Site;
- By interacting with us on social media platforms;By speaking to us in our shop or over the telephone, for example in making an enquiry or a complaint about a product you have enquired about or purchased;
- By signing up to our newsletter on our website;
Please note: If you submit details to us of any other person (e.g. a colleague), please make sure you have their permission before doing so.
Information we collect about you:
- Full details of the purchases you make from us, including the time and date of purchase, the products you purchase from us, any relevant delivery address(es) and details of any relevant payment cards or bank account details.
- Technical information about the devices you use to access our Site. We collect each device’s unique identifying code (MAC address), relevant IP address, operating system and version, web browser and version, and geographic location.
- Your social media content (where this is in the public domain) and any messages you send us via social media. This information can include posts, comments, pictures and video footage.
- CCTV images This information may include images of you from CCTV cameras installed externally and internally at our shop. We use this information for the purposes of public safety and the prevention of fraud and other criminal activity.
- Information from banking, credit card and credit reference agencies about your financial status and the status of any payment card presented to us (for example, if it has been reported stolen) to check we are likely to be paid for any transaction and to reduce the risk of fraud.
3. How do we use your info?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To enable you to order products from us and to provide you with those products, which requires a certain amount of information to be collected, for example, payment card or bank account details so we can take payment and details of the product(s) you buy so we can process your order, keep necessary records and provide you with a receipt.
- To enable us to share offers, updates and latest new, about which we need to be able to communicate with you.
- To gather feedback from you about our website, our products and activities from time to time. We may invite you to provide this feedback on occasion, for example by emailing you to ask if you would like to review a product. We may use independent research and feedback providers to do so on our behalf.
- To contact you from time to time about things you have told us you want to hear about, for example our products, newsletters, offers and events.
• To respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised with us.
- To notify you of changes to our service / offering.
- To respond to any social media posts or other public comments you make where these are made to or about us, our Site and our products.
- To check that you have or are likely to have the means to pay us for any products you have ordered from us.
- To monitor use of our Site to see if it is being abused or threatened, for example by people posting inappropriate comments in review areas or by potential hackers attempting to undermine our security measures.
- To protect you and our business against any other criminal behaviour, including identity theft and fraud.
- In the process of anonymising your information so that you are no longer identifiable to us.
4. Legal Basis for Using Your Information
In accordance with data protection law, we are obliged to inform you that we are using your information as described in this policy on one or more of the following legal bases:
- you have given your consent to us using your information as described in this notice;
- the use is necessary to perform a contract between us or to take steps which you requested us to take before entering into a contract;
- the use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- the use is necessary to save your life or that of another individual;
- the use is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority;
- the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including direct marketing, fraud prevention or preventing crime and protecting public security.
5. Who do we share your information with?
We will only share your information where we can do so in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations. We share the information we collect with:
- Other people and businesses who help us provide our website and related services to you, for example, information technology companies who host and/or maintain our website and payment services companies who enable you to use payment cards with us.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Our insurers and insurance brokers where required in order for us to be able to obtain insurance against risks we face in running our business. They may retain this information for the purpose of ongoing risk assessment and insurance broking and underwriting services.
- Credit reference agencies who provide anti-fraud and credit score information to us, central and local government departments, for example the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and local authorities who run the UK electoral rolls, banks and finance companies who also provide anti-fraud services and customer insight companies (as set out above), in each case as necessary in order to benefit from their services. Where we do so for anti-fraud purposes, the recipient organisation may hold your information on file for the purpose of their fraud prevention services in future. We may also share your information, including late payment information, with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
- Business partners and suppliers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- The prospective buyer of any part of our business or assets that we may sell.
- Our professional advisers for example our lawyers, accountants and technology consultants when they need it to provide advice to us.
- The police, local authorities, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and/or where we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime.
6. How long do we keep your data for?
We hold your data on our system as long as necessary for the current shared interest to apply, or unless you, the customer ask us to remove the data.
7. Managing your information
You can contact us with any queries about how we use your information at any time by contacting us on 01977 678016 or email us at [email protected].
You have a number of rights which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do. These rights are set out below.
We reserve the right not to comply with any requests we receive where we may lawfully do so, for example if we reasonably believe a request to be malicious, technically very onerous, to involve disproportionate effort or harmful to the rights of others.
a) Asking us about your information
You have the right to ask us whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to give you certain details about that information and/or the information itself. If you would like to make a subject access request, please do so in writing to the email or physical address listed on the contact page of our website.
b) Correcting inaccurate information
If you have reason to believe any of the information we collect on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you cannot correct such inaccuracy or omission yourself through your account with us, please contact us with your queries and/or with the updated information.
c) Deleting information
You have the right to require us to delete your information in the following circumstances:
- the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it;
- we need your consent to use the information and you withdraw your consent;
- you object to us using your information: (1) for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; or (2) for the purposes of our legitimate interests (e.g. direct marketing) and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- you unsubscribe from our marketing communications;
- we have used your information unlawfully;
- the information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
d) Withdrawal of consent
Where you have given your consent to us using your information (e.g. for marketing purposes), you have the right to alter your preferences or withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out in this policy or, where applicable, through managing your preferences through your online account with us or clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link. This will not affect the lawfulness of any use of your information that we make before you amend your preferences or withdraw your consent.
8. Aged 16 and under We are always concerned about holding data of minors, therefore if you are aged 16 or under please seek parental consent and permission before providing us with personal information.
Our websites use “cookies” serving to make our Internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure, e.g. to accelerate navigation on our platform. Furthermore, cookies allow us to measure the frequency of website visits as well as general navigation.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer system. Please note that some of these cookies are transferred from our server to your computer system, these are Session Cookies. They are characterised by being automatically deleted from your hard drive upon the end of the browser session.
Other cookies remain on your computer system and allow us to recognise your computer system during your next visit, Permanent Cookies. You may certainly decline these cookies at any time provided your browser permits this. Please note that once your browser is set to decline cookies from our website certain features of this website may not be available or restricted.
To gather the relevant information we use both Google Analytics and Google Adwords. Details of security for both of these can be found can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or to any information about you other than data you choose to share with us.
10. Policy Update
This policy was last updated in January 2021.